Tuesday, September 11, 2007

on charging elephants & knowing God will provide


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."
-Philippians 4:6

Okay- I am actually really bad at posting on this blog, so apologies for my poor updating abilities.

It's beautiful here! The weather is just amazing & I am continuing to have an awesome time here in South Africa. We have been very busy...all the time! Since my last update I have spent amazing hours hanging out with the kids at Oceans, and spent a good amount of time just relaxing and focusing on talking to God about plans for my future.

This past weekend Kristi, Dan, and I went to Addo Elephant National Park...that was AWESOME! I will upload some pictures here soon from that trip. An elephant actually charged at us...it was insane & actually scared us all to death!! It was just a beautiful trip. :)

**

Down the road a little from Dan & Kristi's house there is a little girl, about 10 years old that just sits at a corner on the side of the road all day. We will drive by, and almost every time she is just sitting there. In a way it breaks my heart. She doesn't speak any English; one time Kristi and I stopped to see her because she waved us down, and we started talking to her, and all she would say is "Me not know English, me know Afrikaans." Okay, so there is a language barrier, but she is a very special girl, and I hope to somehow have God help me get to know her. There is something there.

**

Today is supposed to be the day Kristi & I visit the Farm School. I will update after that trip with any news.

Also, tomorrow is a visit to Motherwell for the Child Sponsorship program, which I am very excited about, hopefully all will run smoothly with that.

All of the Oceans kids say hello... or "MOLO"! ;)


**
Thanks again for everything, I love you all.
Please tell me anything about what's going on back home-- I feel out of the loop!!

2 comments:

Crystal Renaud said...

good to hear an update. continuing to pray for God's clarity for you.

Mom and Dad said...

Loved your update. My heart goes out to the little girl. Do any of the orphans speak Afrikans? We know you are right where God wants you at this moment. We miss you and are praying for your day at the Farm School.
Love, Mom